Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Rethinking the new Sigils

Awhile back I talked about the new sigils that are coming in patch 3.08.

At the time I wasn't all that impressed witht he Sigil of the Unfaltering Knight for tanking. I'm starting to change my mind a little bit, but not in the way you're expecting.

First off, it appears that the proc on Icy Touch will not go away. But it is 100% proc rate with a 30 second duration. Since I've glyphed my Scourge Strike and have epidemic, I typically don't cast Icy Touch that often and I could easily lose the benefit of this sigil.

That's OK. I'm defense capped without it.

Here's what I'm thinking. I'm still running with the starter quest sigils which just doesn't do much for me while tanking. I can replace it with this sigil. Before diminishing returns this should add 10.78 defense skill on top of the 541 I already have.

10.78 defense skill should translate to .43% dodge, .43% parry, and .43% miss before DR. That's an extra 1.3% avoidance on command. Therefore in an emergency you can recast Icy Touch even when you don't need to reapply the disease, grab some extra avoidance, and if its really ugly pop IBF at the same time with 550 defense so buff its mitigation even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment