Sunday, February 8, 2009

Mish Mash of Activity

So I'm starting to get back into my routine and don't have anything truly noteworthy at the moment to discuss.

Our coalition continues to make progress finally, but I missed Naxx when we finally got Maxxena down. This coming week, I plan on leaving one drake up for a couple of attempts in OS.

I was recruited to join one of the top 10 guilds on the server. Seems they need some more raiders and after pug tanking for one, I made their wish list. When I said thanks for the compliment I prefer to stay with my friends, they tried to see if we would merge our guild in. Nice to know you can make a positive impression.

On the same lines, after we downed OS, we decided to do Vault 10, but one of our healers was saved so we had to pug another in. After the run, the healer said to keep him on our collective friends list since it was nice to pug with competent players.

Speaking of compliments, I am happy that Skeleton Jack is currently advertising on my blog. Make sure to click the link, and if you can't find it, I do have him in my DK blogroll. I find it is an excellent source of DPS information.

Back to my neck of the woods. I firmly believe, if we as a guild ever decided to focus our efforts purely on raiding we could rule the 10 man scene. But at times after a hard month at the office it's nice to sit back and fish.

I've been doing a lot of fishing as of late. In fact I've leveled it to 310 and got my cooking to 395 in the past couple of days. I'm starting to get to the point where I can supply a nearly endless amount of cheap buffs that the most valuable way to dispose of them is just use them while running around.

Last thing I did was go out and download the PTR client. I've never played on the PTR before but I really want to try out the 5/45/21 tanking spec to see if combining howling blast and unholy blight in the same build will truly pay off, as well as be able to DPS worth a damn while not tanking.

I will also be posting another Ask the Scourge day this week. I didn't get a ton of questions last time but it did lead to the profession post which with the help of all the commenters turned into a good resource.

Last, my DK tree interest poll is almost over and I have a lot of responses. I suspect it will lead to some new research topics since there is a good amount of interest in Frost and Blood as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment