Tuesday, March 3, 2009

PTR Blood Tank Test Dummy

So I've fooled around a bit with a Blood Tank spec on the PTR this evening. I hope to raid test it tomorrow afternoon or Thursday.

Right now I have my doubts. From a physical mitigation standpoint I am trading Mark of Blood, Improved Rune Tap, and Vampiric Blood for Bone Shield, and Lichborne.

For magical mitigation I loose the improved AMS and AMZ and get Spell Deflection.

On the boss test dummy I put up 6% more DPS than the Unholy build. The problem is, the unholy build relies on Necrosis and BCB which don't count fully against the dummy.

Gotta say the extra 1,300 Health unbuffed isn't anything to complain about.

Needless to say, I am worried about AOE situations though. I did make sure to grab morbidity for a 15 second Death and Decay, but that, diseases, and blood boil are all I have. And before some of you say the only additional thing Unholy has is Unholy Blight, I'll remind you UB, DnD, and the diseases are buffed through Impurity which any blood tank build will not have.

Initial reactions are mixed. I'll reserve judgement until I have a chance to actually tank something in Naxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment